Outfit: Picnic mood

a dress I made from self drafted pattern, necklace c/o Good Looking Objects, jacket c/o Shein, old oxford flats, vintage rose brooch

I've been in a mood for picnic ever since the summer began but somehow time kept slipping between my fingers until the day we took these photos. It wasn't particularly sunny that day and we knew there would be tons of mosquitoes keeping us company, but it was the only day we could go out --so we went. I don't need to mention that instead of eating food, we happened to be food for various insects buzzing in the air around us... well. At least we managed to get these photos witout much pain (thank you bug repellents) before we scuttled on our way home, half defeated.


Last time I wore this dress, it was freezing! It's a wool dress and kept me warm-ish so that was my only saving grace but do I remember being both furious with the cold and laughing uncontrollably as we took those previous photos. This time around, in some humidity and relative warmth, the dress did ok! That's the sheer wonder of wool, my friends. I kid you not. That said, for even higher temperatures, I'd have to sew something out of more lightweight wool --or stick to cotton, of course. The more I wear this design, the more I feel like it's a pretty nice dress. Just a couple of minor tweaks to make it even better fitting, and I think I'll be ready to let this one out in the wide world...


a dress I made from self drafted pattern, necklace c/o Good Looking Objects, jacket c/o Shein, old oxford flats, vintage rose brooch

Photos by my boyfriend.


Follow

4 comments:

  1. niesamowity klimat! bardzo mi się podoba :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wspaniale Ci w czerwieni. Piękna z Ciebie kobieta :)
    Stylizacja jak i sceneria super :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Klara, these photos make my heart skip a beat. They are so beautiful. You are a gorgeous pixie. And your hair is fantastic like this!
    Also, that dress. OMG that dress. It's sooo wonderful.
    Hope you're doing well.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete